As part of the celebration of World Water Day last 22 March launch PACT AND ENERGY SAVING WATER became, event in which institutions such as: CORPOGUAJIRA, Government of La Guajira, DISTRICT ALCALDIA RIOHACHA, ELECTRICARIBE, Aså, NATIONAL POLICE, YEAR, Mayor of La Jagua del Pilar, INCODER, GUAJIRA TOURS, CERREJON, Departmental Assembly, CHAMBER OF COMMERCE, SERSO on, DIRECTORATE GENERAL MARITIME, I.C.B.F and mayors Uribia, They undertake :
1. Implement measures to promote the efficient use and saving water and energy in production and service sectors and direct actions to ensure the integrated management of these valuable resources.
2. Reduce the water footprint of the department of La Guajira, i.e., the impact we generate all inhabitants of the peninsula to consume liters of water to sustain our standard of living.
3. Reducing the carbon footprint, all greenhouse gases (GEI) issued by direct or indirect effect of an individual, organization, event or product.
4. Develop specific tasks to meet the different events of climate variability currently present in Colombia, mainly in Guajira.
5. Make explicit its commitment to the planet through activities, as saving energy, help protect natural resources and sustainable development propender.
6. Deepening awareness of the importance of increasing sustainable access to energy, energy efficiency and renewable energy.
7. Strengthen the capacity to adapt to the inevitable effects of climate change and allow their citizens access to secure energy sources, sustainable and affordable.
8. Make the most of daylight and use energy saving or "saving" light bulbs.
9. Promote cultural changes that help reverse the current environmental landscape.
10. Meet the commitments contained in this agreement and set a quantitative target for reducing consumption of water and energy in La Guajira, which will be monitored by Corpoguajira.