By: Communications Equipment.
Corpoguajira implements actions to strengthen the responsiveness of the population against natural hazards due to the effects of climate variability in the lower basin of Tapias and rivers Rancheria Guajira, project implementation by implementing mitigation and Adaptation to Climate Variability in the Lower Rio Tapias Watersheds and Integrated Management District River Rancheria, Guajira to be executed by the Association of Professionals and Environmental Department of La Guajira (ASOPAGUA).
This project was socialized in the districts of Las Flores, Matitas, 4 November and Aremasain, where we interact with communities and we released detailed information about the actions that take place.
Develop environmental education processes in communities, on mitigation of greenhouse gases and adaptation to climate variability from the situational context and establish a situational analysis to productive systems of the study area, taking action to mitigate and adapt to climate variability in the lower basin of the rivers and Rancheria Tapias, It is what is intended under the project.
During the socializations they were revealed the scope and objective of the project, so that populations overseers of the advanced actions and become active players during the execution of the.
-Installation of 900 systems rainwater harvesting
-Installation of 301 ecological stoves
-The actions implemented will increase production in the territory 20%.
-Savings over the next 10 years would be close to 2 billion for emergencies or calamities of natural effects
- Greater resilience of natural ecosystems.
- implementing saving stoves.
- Conservation of native fauna associated with vegetation.
- Reduced deforestation by saving firewood consumption
- Reducing the generation of forest fires
- Conservation and protection of ecosystems
- Knowledge building: 500 families receiving training (Techniques for reducing the effects of climate variability).
- Generate knowledge to communities and improving their quality of life. (500 families receiving training).
- Promote community participation on decision mitigation and / or adaptation. (500 sensitized families to decision-making).
- Profit increased resilience and adaptation 700 families settled in the basins of the rivers and DMI Tapias Rancheria.
- Generate employment inclusion of indirect jobs for unskilled inhabitants settled in the lower basin of the river tapias work and Rancheria.
Leave a reply
I am sorry, you should be connected to post a comment.